Vassar

Table of Contents

  1. Buildings

    1. Academic & Administrative

      1. A. Scott Warthin Museum of Geology & Natural History
      2. Baldwin Hall
      3. Blodgett Hall
      4. Bridge for Laboratory Sciences
      5. Chicago Hall
      6. Class of 1951 Observatory
      7. Collins Field Station
      8. Computer Center
      9. Doubleday Studio Arts
      10. Ely Hall
      11. Facilities Operations
      12. Greenhouses
      13. Infant Toddler Center
      14. Judith Loeb Chiara '49 Center at the Maria Mitchell Observatory
      15. Kautz Admission House
      16. Kenyon Hall
      17. Main Building
      18. Metcalf House
      19. Music Library
      20. New England Building
      21. New Hackensack Building
      22. Old Laundry Building
      23. Olmsted Hall of Biological Sciences
      24. Rockefeller Hall
      25. Sanders Classroom
      26. Sanders Physics
      27. Skinner Hall of Music
      28. Swift Hall
      29. Taylor Hall
      30. Vogelstein Center for Drama and Film
      31. Wimpfheimer Nursery School
    2. Arts

      1. Doubleday Studio Arts
      2. Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center
      3. Music Library
      4. Powerhouse Theater
      5. Skinner Hall of Music
      6. Susan Stein Shiva Theater
      7. Van Ingen Art Library
      8. Vogelstein Center for Drama and Film
    3. Athletics

      1. Athletics and Fitness Center
      2. Golf Course & Shop
      3. Kenyon Hall
      4. Walker Field House
    4. Libraries

      1. Ingram Library
      2. Lockwood Library
      3. Music Library
      4. Thompson (Main) Library
      5. Van Ingen Art Library
    5. Residence

      1. Faculty Housing
        1. Kendrick House
        2. Pratt House
        3. President's House
        4. Watson Houses
        5. Williams House
      2. Residential Houses
        1. Cushing House
        2. Davison House
        3. Ferry House
        4. Jewett House
        5. Josselyn House
        6. Lathrop House
        7. Main Building
        8. Noyes House
        9. Raymond House
        10. South Commons
        11. Strong House
        12. Terrace Apartments
        13. Town Houses
    6. Sciences

      1. A. Scott Warthin Museum of Geology & Natural History
      2. Bridge for Laboratory Sciences
      3. Class of 1951 Observatory
      4. Collins Field Station
      5. Ely Hall
      6. Olmsted Hall of Biological Sciences
      7. Sanders Physics
    7. Student Life

      1. ALANA Center
      2. Baldwin Hall
      3. Bayit (Jewish Student Center)
      4. Chapel
      5. College Center
      6. Computer Center
      7. Metcalf House
      8. Students' Building/ACDC
  2. Outdoor Spaces

    1. Frances Daly Fergusson Quadrangle
    2. Outdoor Amphitheater
    3. Residential Quad
    4. Shakespeare Garden
  3. Athletics

    1. Athletics and Fitness Center
    2. Ballantine Field
    3. Golf Course & Shop
    4. Josselyn Tennis Courts
    5. Kenyon Hall
    6. Rugby Field
    7. Walker Field House
    1. Prentiss Field Sports Complex

      1. Gordon Field
      2. Lighted 8-lane Track
      3. Prentiss Baseball Field
      4. Prentiss Field Sports Complex
      5. Shot Put Area
      6. Soccer and Lacrosse Fields
      7. Weinberg Field Sports Pavilion
      8. Weinberg Turf Field
  4. Vassar Farm & Ecological Preserve

    1. Community Gardens
    2. Ecological Preserve Boundary
    3. Poughkeepsie Farm Project
    1. Buildings

      1. Collins Field Station
      2. Poughkeepsie Farm Project Office
    2. Trails

      1. Difficult
        1. Drumlin Trail, 0.55 miles
        2. Helen Johnson Woodworth Memorial Trail, 1.30 mi
        3. Quercus Trail, 0.88 mi
  5. Parking

    1. North Lot Parking
    2. South Lot Parking
  6. More...

    1. Hotels & Places to Stay

      1. Poughkeepsie (5-15 mins from Vassar)
        1. Alumnae House at Vassar College
        2. Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites at the Falls
        3. Courtyard by Marriott
        4. Days Inn
        5. Hampton Inn & Suites
        6. Holiday Inn Express
        7. Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel
        8. Residence Inn by Marriott
      2. Hyde Park (20 minutes north of Vassa
        1. Journey Inn (B&B)
        2. Quality Inn of Hyde Park
        3. Roosevelt Inn
      3. Fishkill (30 minutes south of Vassar
        1. Courtyard by Marriott
        2. Hampton Inn Fishkill
        3. Hilton Garden Inn
        4. Holiday Inn Express
        5. Homestead Studio Suites Hotel
        6. Ramada Inn Fishkill
      4. Rhinebeck (35 mins north of Vassar)
        1. Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn
        2. Rhinebeck Village Inn
    2. VCard Merchants

      1. All Shook Up!
      2. Baby Cakes
      3. BurgerFI
      4. Crafted Kup
      5. Fresco Tortillas
      6. Hurricane Grill & Wings
      7. Intro by Twisted Soul
      8. Julie's Restaurant
      9. Kismat Indian Restaurant
      10. Ku Yah Restaurant
      11. Luxe Salon & Spa
      12. Marco's Pizzeria
      13. My Market II
      14. Perkins Family Restaurant
      15. Pizzaria Bacio
      16. Poughkeepsie Pharmacy
      17. Saigon Cafe
      18. Thai Spice
      19. The Barber Shop
      20. Twisted Soul
  7. Labels

Content

Buildings

Academic & Administrative

A. Scott Warthin Museum of Geology & Natural History

The A. Scott Warthin Museum of Geology and Natural History is located in Ely Hall at Vassar College, within the Department of Earth Science and Geography, and is open to groups and individuals. Since it was commissioned in 1862 at the request of Matthew Vassar, there have been many exciting additions to the original collection of rocks, minerals and fossils, including a permanent exhibit of large and beautiful fluorescent minerals.

Baldwin Hall

Location: 9 Swift Passage

Built in 1940 to replace Swift as the college infirmary, Baldwin was designed in the modern style—flat roofline, glass block partitions, large windows. Today, the Health Service occupies the ground floor of the building while the upper floors house administrative offices, including Human Resources and Accounting Services.

Blodgett Hall

Blodgett Hall houses the departments of anthropology, economics, psychology, sociology, and religion, with classrooms and laboratories appropriate to each discipline as well as a 264-seat auditorium. The Psychology Department maintains laboratories for research in physiology, neurochemistry, experimental learning and electrophysiology, as well as observation and testing suites. The Anthropology Department has laboratories for archaeology and physical anthropology as well as for digital media and sound analysis.

Bridge for Laboratory Sciences

Location: 4 Chapel Rd

This innovative 82,000-square-foot building opened in January 2016 for instruction and research in numerous fields while also serving as the new home of the Chemistry Department. Its classrooms, support spaces, multidisciplinary laboratories, and program suites are designed to foster collaboration and expand the building's use across the science curriculum. Particularly notable resources include the Visualization Lab, the Interdisciplinary Robotics Research Lab, and the Earth and Environment Lab.

Chicago Hall

Location: 22 Josselyn Dr

The modern language programs (French, German, Hispanic Studies, Italian, and Russian), except for Chinese and Japanese, are located in Chicago Hall which houses the Foreign Language Resource Center (FLRC), a multimedia facility incorporating a networked computer classroom, a 30-seat film and video theater/lecture space, and video viewing facilities for individual and small group use, and media production studios. All classrooms in Chicago support Internet-based and multimedia presentations, and direct foreign language television is available through satellite-based providers.

Class of 1951 Observatory

Location: 51 New Observatory Rd

The Class of 1951 Observatory includes a double-domed structure which houses a 32-inch reflecting telescope (tied for largest in New York State) and a 20-inch reflecting telescope, each equipped with a CCD camera and spectograph, as well as several small telescopes and a solar telescope. The observatory also has a warm room for controlling the telescopes, a classroom, and an observation deck. Students also do research using data from the Hubble and Spitzer Space Telescopes and other national observatories.

Collins Field Station

Location: 328 Vassar Farm Ln

Located at the Vassar Farm and Ecological Preserve, the Priscilla Bullitt Collins Field Station is used to study natural history, ecology, botany, environmental education, and earth science. The Department of Education offers a program in science and environmental education at the field station, called ?Exploring Science at Vassar Farm,? for local elementary school students.

Computer Center

Location: 10 Swift Passage

The Computer Center houses administrative offices of Computing and Information Services.

Doubleday Studio Arts

Location: 27 Doubleday Ln

The Russell and Janet Doubleday Studio Arts Building houses the print and sculpture studios, opening onto a terrace overlooking the Casperkill. This space used to be the electricians and plumbers workshop. When the trades moved to the Facilities Operations Center, the building was extensively renovated for the Studio Art program.

Ely Hall

Location: 4 Pratt Loop

Ely Hall houses the Department of Earth Science and Geography, with laboratories devoted to research in geophysics, climate change, water and sediment chemistry, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and a 16-seat computer lab for cartography, spatial data analysis, and numerical modeling. Ely also houses the Art Department’s drawing and painting studios as well as the Aula, a large room designed for social functions with an open-rafter ceiling, huge arched windows, and a terra cotta fireplace.

Facilities Operations

Location: 25 Skinner Ln

On the southern edge of the campus, 
Facilities Operations houses the building trades, grounds services, custodial services, facilities systems and services, project management, energy management, and the Service Response Center.

Greenhouses

The Greenhouses on the south end of campus are used to grow flowers and plants for decorative purposes and special events throughout the college. Maintained by Buildings and Grounds Services, they should not be confused with the academic greenhouses located in Olmsted Hall.

Infant Toddler Center

Located in the South Commons, the Infant Toddler Center is a year-round early childhood facility, serving Vassar and community children ages six weeks through three years. The center also serves as a teacher training and research facility.

Judith Loeb Chiara '49 Center at the Maria Mitchell Observatory

Location: 16 Pratt Loop

The first building to be completed on the Vassar campus, the observatory was built for astronomy professor Maria Mitchell, arguably the most famous American scientist of the 19th century, and was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1991. In 1997, the new observatory at the edge of campus (and far away from interfering light sources) was completed, and the Mitchell Observatory was used for other purposes. After a recent and meticulous renovation, the observatory is now home to the Education Department, with a spectacular seminar room in the dome room that once housed Mitchell’s telescope.

Kautz Admission House

Location: 70 Main Campus Dr,

Campus tours begin and end at the Kautz Admission House, formerly known as the Good-fellowship House. Chair emeritus of the Board of Trustees James Kautz and Carol Kautz '55 funded the elegant restoration of this building, which was originally built as a social club for college employees in 1908. Architect Linda Yowell, a member of the class of 1973, redesigned the Arts and Crafts style building in 1995.

Kenyon Hall

Location: 27 Kenyon Dr

A state-of-the-art athletic facility when it was first built in 1933, Kenyon recently underwent an extensive interior renovation to create six “smart” classrooms and program space for dance and athletics. The Dance Department facilities include three dance studios, the Frances Daly Fergusson Dance Theater with a fully sprung dance stage and seating for 244, a rehearsal green room, and production facilities. Kenyon is also home to Vassar’s varsity squash and volleyball programs, with six international squash courts, a volleyball only gymnasium, a varsity weight room, and a rowing room.

Main Building

Location: 100 Main Campus Dr


When Vassar first opened its doors in 1865, everything was in Main Building—living quarters for students, faculty, and administrators, the dining hall, the library, the art museum, classrooms, and offices. Now a National Historic Landmark, Main houses administrative offices on the first two floors and students on the third and fourth. At the back of Main is a modern addition, the College Center, housing the Office of Campus Activities, College Information Center, James W. Palmer III ‘90 Gallery, post office, computer store, student-run WVKR radio station, student government offices, lounges and meeting rooms, 24-hour public-access computers, a dining hall called the Retreat, the Kiosk coffee bar, and the campus pub, Matthew's Mug.

Metcalf House

Location: 5 Swift Passage

Built in 1915 as a residence for the college physician and a convalescent home for students, Metcalf House is now the home of the Counseling Service, the Health Education Office, and the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action.

Music Library

Location: 5 Skinner Ln

Located in Skinner Hall, the George Sherman Dickinson Music Library is one of the finest undergraduate music libraries in the country. Its holdings include over 17,000 books, 135 periodicals on music, over 27,000 scores, and over 30,000 sound and visual recordings. On the top floor of the library is a museum known as the Treasure Room, housing the Music Department’s historical musical instrument collection.

New England Building

Location: 12 Chapel Rd

Above the entrance to New England Building is embedded a piece of Plymouth Rock, given to the college by Plymouth Rock officials at the request of Florence M. Cushing, class of 1874, to honor the New England Vassar Club which raised the money for the construction of the building. Following a complete renovation in 2014, New England is now part of the Integrated Science Center, with classrooms, faculty offices, and lab spaces for the departments of Psychology, Neuroscience and Behavior, and Cognitive Science.

New Hackensack Building

Location: 2490 New Hackensack Rd

New Hackensack is home to the Safety and Security Department. It also provides individual studio space for studio art majors and classroom and laboratory space for the study of architecture.

Old Laundry Building

Location: 2 Swift Passage

Built in 1872 to house the college's laundry facilities, the Old Laundry Building is currently home to the Office of Accessibility and Educational Opportunity and Vassar's multidisciplinary programs, including Africana Studies, American Studies, Asian Studies, Environmental Studies, International Studies, Jewish Studies, Latin American and Latino/a Studies, Media Studies, Science, Technology, and Society, Urban Studies, and Women's Studies.

Olmsted Hall of Biological Sciences

Location: 4 Chapel Rd

Home to the Biology Department, Olmsted Hall of Biological Sciences supports the process of biological inquiry from molecules to ecosystems. Extensively renovated in 2014, Olmsted now adjoins the new science laboratory building as part of Vassar's Integrated Science Center. Major instrumentation and facilities include genomic/proteomic/biochemical instrumentation; epiflorescent and confocal microscopes with image acquisition and analysis tools; physiological instruments, such as microinjection tools; cell, plant, and animal culturing facilities; a phytotron with a dozen controlled environment chambers; a large greenhouse; an herbarium; and a vivarium.

Rockefeller Hall

Location: 1 North Campus Dr

Built in 1897 through the generosity of John D. Rockefeller, Rockefeller Hall was Vassar’s first “general” academic building, with classrooms, faculty offices, and lecture halls.  Today, “Rocky” is home to the departments of Mathematics, Philosophy, and Political Science, and features “smart” classrooms and seminar rooms in addition to two semicircular lecture halls.

Sanders Classroom

Location: 8 Sunset Lake Dr

Sanders Classroom is home to the departments of English, Greek and Roman Studies, and Chinese and Japanese and to the Asian Studies Program. Sanders includes seminar rooms for discussion-based teaching, lecture rooms, a 158-seat auditorium, and a computer classroom for the study of digital media.

Sanders Physics

Location: 10 Chapel Rd

Completely renovated in 2014, Sanders Physics houses the departments of Computer Science and Physics and Astronomy. Computer Science maintains a dedicated network of 48 Linux workstations, resources for advanced research and techniques such as 3D modeling and computational linguistics, and GPU-accelerated parallel algorithms. Physics and Astronomy provides computer laboratories equipped for work in observational astronomy image processing and data analysis) and computational physics. Physics research labs include laser, optics, and acoustic labs.


Skinner Hall of Music

Location: 5 Skinner Ln

One of Vassar's most beautiful buildings, with spires and turrets and leaded windows, the Belle Skinner Hall of Music houses the Mary Anna Fox Martel Recital Hall, a small chamber concert hall, one of the nation?s finest college music libraries, the electronic music studio, practice rooms and faculty studios, and the college?s extensive historic and modern instrument collections, including 65 Steinway pianos, six harpsichords, and seven pipe organs, among them an organ designed for the Martel Recital Hall by master organ builder Paul Fritts of Tacoma, Washington.

Swift Hall

Location: 3 Swift Passage

Originally built as an infirmary in 1900, Swift Hall was remodeled in 1941 to provide classroom space and faculty offices for the History Department. Rededicated in 2013 after a renovation, the building features classrooms with state-of-the-art technology to enhance instruction and learning, and a more accessible layout.

Taylor Hall

Location: 10 Main Campus Dr

Built in 1915, Taylor Hall serves as the gateway to the college and as the home to the Art Department. Located between the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center and the Art Library, the Art Department offers direct access to Vassar’s extraordinary collections as well as courses covering the full range of art worldwide in lecture halls and seminar rooms equipped with state-of-the-art projection systems.

Vogelstein Center for Drama and Film

Location; 5 Sunset Lake Dr

The Drama Department is headquartered in the Vogelstein Center for Drama and Film, which houses a 325-seat theater with a traditional proscenium stage, a small black box studio, and two screening rooms, as well as production spaces and classrooms equipped with advanced technology. Also headquartered in the Vogelstein, the Film Department has a 70-seat screening room with surround sound and multiple-format projection capabilities; a sound-proof studio equipped with lighting grid and green screen; and high tech classrooms/editing labs devoted to film editing, digital editing, Avid systems, and multimedia.

Wimpfheimer Nursery School

Location: 30 Kenyon Dr

One of the first laboratory schools in the U.S., the Wimpfheimer Nursery School has had a twofold mission since it opened in 1927: to provide quality early childhood education and to serve as a laboratory for observation and research on child development and education. The physical structure and furnishings were thoughtfully designed to foster child-centered exploration and learning. The building also features three observation booths that look out onto the classrooms, providing students and faculty opportunities to conduct observational and experimental research.

Back to Table of Contents

Arts

Doubleday Studio Arts

Location: 27 Doubleday Ln

The Russell and Janet Doubleday Studio Arts Building houses the print and sculpture studios, opening onto a terrace overlooking the Casperkill. This space used to be the electricians and plumbers workshop. When the trades moved to the Facilities Operations Center, the building was extensively renovated for the Studio Art program.

Frances Daly Fergusson Dance Theater

The Frances Daly Fergusson Dance Theater is the first space dedicated solely to dance performance on the Vassar campus. Named for Vassar's ninth president, the dance theater is 5,700 square feet and includes a fully sprung dance stage measuring 36' x 36' with surrounding wing space, raked seating for 244 people, professional quality lighting, sound and theater control systems, and complete and quiet air conditioning.

Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center

Location: 20 Main Campus Dr

The Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center (FLLAC) houses one of the oldest college art collections in the country. The collection contains more than 19,000 paintings, sculptures, prints, drawings, and photographs spanning the history of art from ancient Egypt to contemporary America. It is particularly noted for its collection of 19th- and 20th-century European and American art, Greek and Roman sculpture and ceramics, Old Master prints, 19th-century British watercolors and drawings, and photographs. In addition to the main gallery, the Lehman Loeb Art Center also includes a sculpture garden, a project gallery, and a seminar room where members of the campus community can request particular works to be brought for close examination.

Music Library

Location: 5 Skinner Ln

Located in Skinner Hall, the George Sherman Dickinson Music Library is one of the finest undergraduate music libraries in the country. Its holdings include over 17,000 books, 135 periodicals on music, over 27,000 scores, and over 30,000 sound and visual recordings. On the top floor of the library is a museum known as the Treasure Room, housing the Music Department’s historical musical instrument collection.

Powerhouse Theater

Location: 80 Main Campus Dr

The Hallie Flanagan Davis Powerhouse Theater is a black-box theater named after Hallie Flanagan, the drama professor who launched the Experimental Theater at Vassar. During the academic year, the Powerhouse is one of several theaters on campus where Drama Department productions are mounted. During the summer, it is home to the renowned Vassar College and New York Stage and Film Powerhouse Summer Theater Program, a theatrical incubator for new works and an apprenticeship program.

Skinner Hall of Music

Location: 5 Skinner Ln

One of Vassar's most beautiful buildings, with spires and turrets and leaded windows, the Belle Skinner Hall of Music houses the Mary Anna Fox Martel Recital Hall, a small chamber concert hall, one of the nation?s finest college music libraries, the electronic music studio, practice rooms and faculty studios, and the college?s extensive historic and modern instrument collections, including 65 Steinway pianos, six harpsichords, and seven pipe organs, among them an organ designed for the Martel Recital Hall by master organ builder Paul Fritts of Tacoma, Washington.

Susan Stein Shiva Theater

Location: 14 Swift Passage

Originally the coal bin for the college’s heating plant, the Susan Stein Shiva Theater is a small, student-managed black-box theater devoted to extracurricular productions. Unbound, the Philaletheis Society, and the Shakespeare Troupe are among the student theater groups that produce plays here throughout the year.

Van Ingen Art Library

Location: 5 Main Campus Dr

The Vassar College Art Library is located in Van Ingen Hall, between the Art Department in Taylor Hall (above Main Gate) and the Thompson Memorial Library. Built in 1937, the interior is a rare example of a complete modernist interior from the pre-World War II period in the United States. The foundation of the Art Library’s collection was a library of over 1,000 volumes on art and architecture purchased by Matthew Vassar for the college from Elias Lyman Magoon, an art collector and early trustee of the college. Today, the Art Library contains an extensive reference collection, over 200 print periodicals, and a wide range of electronic scholarly resources.

Vogelstein Center for Drama and Film

Location; 5 Sunset Lake Dr

The Drama Department is headquartered in the Vogelstein Center for Drama and Film, which houses a 325-seat theater with a traditional proscenium stage, a small black box studio, and two screening rooms, as well as production spaces and classrooms equipped with advanced technology. Also headquartered in the Vogelstein, the Film Department has a 70-seat screening room with surround sound and multiple-format projection capabilities; a sound-proof studio equipped with lighting grid and green screen; and high tech classrooms/editing labs devoted to film editing, digital editing, Avid systems, and multimedia.

Back to Table of Contents

Athletics

Athletics and Fitness Center

Location: 34 Sunset Lake Dr

The Athletics and Fitness Center is a 53,000-square-foot facility that includes a 1,200-seat basketball gym, an elevated running track, and a 5,000-square-foot weight training/cardiovascular facility.

Golf Course & Shop

Vassar Golf Course is a nine hole public golf course. Established in 1930, the course offers a scenic 2,500-yard layout with beautiful mature trees, character and charm. All players are welcome on a first come, first served basis. Vassar’s is a very enjoyable walking course; however, golf carts are available. An average round of golf requires only two hours. Vassar welcomes golfers of all levels, including juniors, seniors, and families.

More info
Kenyon Hall

Location: 27 Kenyon Dr

A state-of-the-art athletic facility when it was first built in 1933, Kenyon recently underwent an extensive interior renovation to create six “smart” classrooms and program space for dance and athletics. The Dance Department facilities include three dance studios, the Frances Daly Fergusson Dance Theater with a fully sprung dance stage and seating for 244, a rehearsal green room, and production facilities. Kenyon is also home to Vassar’s varsity squash and volleyball programs, with six international squash courts, a volleyball only gymnasium, a varsity weight room, and a rowing room.

Walker Field House

Location: 28 Sunset Lake Dr

Walker Field House, adjacent to the Athletics and Fitness Center, contains five tennis courts and accommodates a variety of sports including volleyball, basketball, fencing, and badminton. The building also houses a six-lane swimming pool with a four-foot moveable bulkhead and diving well, locker rooms, and a sports medicine facility.

Back to Table of Contents

Libraries

Ingram Library

Location: 25 Main Campus Dr

The Martha Rivers and E. Bronson Ingram Library was added in 2001, featuring the Catherine Pelton Durrell Archives and Special Collections—housing the Francis Fitz Randolph Rare Book Room as well as exhibit, storage, teaching and reading areas. Ingram Library also includes Reserve Services, studies for faculty members, the periodical collections, the Class of 1951 Reading Room, the library classroom and staff offices.

Lockwood Library

With the aim of expanding the Main library and creating a home for the college's growing special collections, the Helen D. Lockwood Library addition opened in 1977. Named in honor of a former English Department faculty member who also was one of the most important donors to the college, The Lockwood Library originally housed the Francis Fitz Randolph Rare Book Room, which is now located in the Ingram Library.

Music Library

Location: 5 Skinner Ln

Located in Skinner Hall, the George Sherman Dickinson Music Library is one of the finest undergraduate music libraries in the country. Its holdings include over 17,000 books, 135 periodicals on music, over 27,000 scores, and over 30,000 sound and visual recordings. On the top floor of the library is a museum known as the Treasure Room, housing the Music Department’s historical musical instrument collection.

Thompson (Main) Library

Location: 15 Main Campus Dr

The libraries at Vassar are extraordinary and rank among the very best liberal arts collections in the United States both in the number of titles (over 1,000,000 print volumes) and in their exceptional variety and depth.  The main library comprises the Frederick Ferris Thompson Memorial Library, considered one of the most beautiful collegiate gothic buildings in the country, and two modern additions, the Helen D. Lockwood Library and the Martha Rivers and E. Bronson Ingram Library.  The Ingram Library, the most recent addition, houses the Catherine Pelton Durrell Archives and Special Collections and the Francis Fitz Randolph Rare Book Room. During the construction of the Ingram Library, the Thompson Library underwent extensive renovation. The combined result is a resource that effectively merges traditional materials with newer technologies, giving students extraordinary access to a broad range of print materials (books, journals, manuscripts, rare books, and archives) and electronic resources (electronic journals, indexes, full-text indexes, databases, web-based resources, CD ROMs, videos, and laser discs).

Van Ingen Art Library

Location: 5 Main Campus Dr

The Vassar College Art Library is located in Van Ingen Hall, between the Art Department in Taylor Hall (above Main Gate) and the Thompson Memorial Library. Built in 1937, the interior is a rare example of a complete modernist interior from the pre-World War II period in the United States. The foundation of the Art Library’s collection was a library of over 1,000 volumes on art and architecture purchased by Matthew Vassar for the college from Elias Lyman Magoon, an art collector and early trustee of the college. Today, the Art Library contains an extensive reference collection, over 200 print periodicals, and a wide range of electronic scholarly resources.

Back to Table of Contents

Residence

Faculty Housing
Kendrick House

Located across the street from the Main Gate, Kendrick House was built in 1927 in the medieval revival style as a residence for single women faculty. It offered a variety of arrangements to suit their needs and budgets (single rooms with shared kitchenettes to two-bedroom apartments), a common dining hall with a fireplace, and a parlor with ornate plaster ceilings. Today, Kendrick comprises private apartments for faculty members, male and female.

Pratt House

Location: 15 Pratt Loop

In the early 20
th century, each of the residence halls was overseen by a warden, all of whom reported to the head warden. Pratt House was built in 1916 as a residence for the head warden. When the warden system was superseded by the house fellow system, Pratt House became, for a time, a guesthouse for important visitors. Today, Pratt House is the residence of the dean of the college.

President's House

Location: 9 Chapel Rd

“Not a cottage but a dignified, well-constructed mansion” is how the architect of the President’s House described his intention. Completed in 1895, the house is in the medieval revival style with many gables and chimneys, and has been home to seven Vassar presidents and their families.

Watson Houses

Built in 1966 in a modernist style, the Watson Houses are faculty apartments.

Williams House

Constructed in 1924 in the same style as Alumnae House by the same architects (Hunt & Hunt), Williams House contains faculty apartments.

Back to Table of Contents

Residential Houses
Cushing House

Location: 16 Kenyon Dr

Built in 1927 in a half-timbered style with leaded windows and a slate roof, Cushing House feels more like an English manor house than a dormitory. Its U-shaped design creates an open courtyard with lovely views of the campus arboretum. Cushing was named in honor of Florence Cushing, class of 1874, who was the first alumna to serve on the Board of Trustees.

Davison House

Location: 17 Josselyn Dr

Built in 1902 as the last of the four quadrangle dorms, Davison House is home to a community of 190 students.  Davison was thoroughly renovated in 2008-2009 and boasts modern amenities (low-flow toilets) with historical style (original hardwood floors). Davison co-hosts the annual Harvest Ball, a semi-formal dance with Vassar musicians providing the entertainment.

Ferry House

Location: 60 Main Campus Dr

Designed in 1951 by Marcel Breuer, an architect who helped popularize Bauhaus modernism in America, Ferry House is a small self-governed, cooperative residence offering 20 students an alternative to traditional dorm living. Ferry residents purchase their own food, cook their own meals, share their chores—and get a break on board fees.

Jewett House

Location: 15 Josselyn Dr

Built in 1907, Jewett House completed the north end of the residential quadrangle. Its most famous resident was the first woman to win the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry, Edna St. Vincent Millay ’17, who allegedly threatened to throw herself from Jewett’s battlements. Extensively renovated in 2003 with enhanced living spaces and public areas, Jewett is home to 235 students.

Josselyn House

Location: 12 Josselyn Dr

Opened in 1912, Josselyn House, or "Joss" as it's commonly known, is the second largest residence hall after Main Building, housing 237 students. Joss had the distinction of being the first residence hall on campus to have showers. They were a vast improvement over the 16 bathtubs in Main that so impressed Vassar students when the college opened. "I took a splendid bath today," said one of the first, writing home to her parents. Joss's parlor and bathrooms were recently renovated.

Lathrop House

Location: 11 North Campus Dr

The third of the quad houses, Lathrop was named after charter trustee Dr. Edward Lathrop. Until recently, Lathrop was famous for waging marshmallow wars on neighboring Raymond. When the friendly combat escalated into pitched battles involving discharge of fire extinguishers, the house fellows brokered a permanent and lasting peace over baked s’mores.

Main Building

Location: 100 Main Campus Dr


When Vassar first opened its doors in 1865, everything was in Main Building—living quarters for students, faculty, and administrators, the dining hall, the library, the art museum, classrooms, and offices. Now a National Historic Landmark, Main houses administrative offices on the first two floors and students on the third and fourth. At the back of Main is a modern addition, the College Center, housing the Office of Campus Activities, College Information Center, James W. Palmer III ‘90 Gallery, post office, computer store, student-run WVKR radio station, student government offices, lounges and meeting rooms, 24-hour public-access computers, a dining hall called the Retreat, the Kiosk coffee bar, and the campus pub, Matthew's Mug.

Noyes House

Location: 10 Kenyon Dr

The lounge in Noyes has been called the Jetsons’ Lounge by generations of Vassar students because of its futuristic ambiance. Designed by Eero Saarinen and built in 1958, Noyes House was the last residence hall to be built. Noyes currently houses 178 students and is the residence of choice for international students because it remains open during school breaks and vacations. The curved building encircles a large green, fondly called “Noyes Circle.” Noyes Circle has been the site of many different student activities, ranging from the first field day ever held at a women’s college in 1895 to a “nude-in” held by students in the early ‘70s. Currently, the circle is the home turf for Vassar’s Ultimate Frisbee teams.

Raymond House

Location: 21 Josselyn Dr

The second residence hall built on the quad, Raymond is home to 200 students. One thing Raymond is famous for, aside from the marshmallow wars with Lathrop, is it's annual Halloween haunted house, which attracts not only Vassar students but faculty members and their kids and a whole bunch of people who get a kick out of feeling terrified.

South Commons

About 20 percent of Vassar students, mostly juniors and seniors, live in apartments that offer an alternative to traditional residence hall living. The South Commons apartments, located on the southern edge of the campus, the Terrace Apartments (close to the center of campus), and the Town Houses (across the street from the main campus) are shared by groups of four or five students who do their own cooking.

Strong House

Built in 1893 in a Tudoresque style, Strong was the first of the quadrangle dorms and is the only single-sex residence on campus. Housing 162 women, Strong is the smallest of the residential houses. The Women’s Center, a Campus Life resource center, is located on the first floor of Strong, with a mission of educating the Vassar community about global, national, and local gender issues through educational, social, and cultural programming.

 

Address for GPS

7 North Campus Dr, Poughkeepsie, NY 12604

Terrace Apartments

The Terrace Apartments, close to the center of campus, along with the Town Houses (across the street from the main campus), and the South Commons (on the edge of the campus) offer juniors and seniors an alternative to traditional residence hall living. Four or five students live in each apartment and do their own cooking.

Town Houses

The Town Houses, across the street from the main campus, along with the Terrace Apartments (close to the center of campus), and the South Commons (on the edge of the campus) offer juniors and seniors an alternative to traditional residence hall living. Five students live in each apartment and do their own cooking.

Back to Table of Contents

Sciences

A. Scott Warthin Museum of Geology & Natural History

The A. Scott Warthin Museum of Geology and Natural History is located in Ely Hall at Vassar College, within the Department of Earth Science and Geography, and is open to groups and individuals. Since it was commissioned in 1862 at the request of Matthew Vassar, there have been many exciting additions to the original collection of rocks, minerals and fossils, including a permanent exhibit of large and beautiful fluorescent minerals.

Bridge for Laboratory Sciences

Location: 4 Chapel Rd

This innovative 82,000-square-foot building opened in January 2016 for instruction and research in numerous fields while also serving as the new home of the Chemistry Department. Its classrooms, support spaces, multidisciplinary laboratories, and program suites are designed to foster collaboration and expand the building's use across the science curriculum. Particularly notable resources include the Visualization Lab, the Interdisciplinary Robotics Research Lab, and the Earth and Environment Lab.

Class of 1951 Observatory

Location: 51 New Observatory Rd

The Class of 1951 Observatory includes a double-domed structure which houses a 32-inch reflecting telescope (tied for largest in New York State) and a 20-inch reflecting telescope, each equipped with a CCD camera and spectograph, as well as several small telescopes and a solar telescope. The observatory also has a warm room for controlling the telescopes, a classroom, and an observation deck. Students also do research using data from the Hubble and Spitzer Space Telescopes and other national observatories.

Collins Field Station

Location: 328 Vassar Farm Ln

Located at the Vassar Farm and Ecological Preserve, the Priscilla Bullitt Collins Field Station is used to study natural history, ecology, botany, environmental education, and earth science. The Department of Education offers a program in science and environmental education at the field station, called ?Exploring Science at Vassar Farm,? for local elementary school students.

Ely Hall

Location: 4 Pratt Loop

Ely Hall houses the Department of Earth Science and Geography, with laboratories devoted to research in geophysics, climate change, water and sediment chemistry, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and a 16-seat computer lab for cartography, spatial data analysis, and numerical modeling. Ely also houses the Art Department’s drawing and painting studios as well as the Aula, a large room designed for social functions with an open-rafter ceiling, huge arched windows, and a terra cotta fireplace.

Olmsted Hall of Biological Sciences

Location: 4 Chapel Rd

Home to the Biology Department, Olmsted Hall of Biological Sciences supports the process of biological inquiry from molecules to ecosystems. Extensively renovated in 2014, Olmsted now adjoins the new science laboratory building as part of Vassar's Integrated Science Center. Major instrumentation and facilities include genomic/proteomic/biochemical instrumentation; epiflorescent and confocal microscopes with image acquisition and analysis tools; physiological instruments, such as microinjection tools; cell, plant, and animal culturing facilities; a phytotron with a dozen controlled environment chambers; a large greenhouse; an herbarium; and a vivarium.

Sanders Physics

Location: 10 Chapel Rd

Completely renovated in 2014, Sanders Physics houses the departments of Computer Science and Physics and Astronomy. Computer Science maintains a dedicated network of 48 Linux workstations, resources for advanced research and techniques such as 3D modeling and computational linguistics, and GPU-accelerated parallel algorithms. Physics and Astronomy provides computer laboratories equipped for work in observational astronomy image processing and data analysis) and computational physics. Physics research labs include laser, optics, and acoustic labs.


Back to Table of Contents

Student Life

ALANA Center

The ALANA Center provides resources and programs to support students of color and fosters connections with various communities in Poughkeepsie and surrounding areas. The center has comfortable lounges, offices for student organizations that support students of color, a kitchen, a computer lab, and a library of culturally specific journals/newsletters, educational videos, career development resources, scholarship and fellowship information.

 

Address for GPS

12 Swift Passage, Poughkeepsie, NY 12604

Baldwin Hall

Location: 9 Swift Passage

Built in 1940 to replace Swift as the college infirmary, Baldwin was designed in the modern style—flat roofline, glass block partitions, large windows. Today, the Health Service occupies the ground floor of the building while the upper floors house administrative offices, including Human Resources and Accounting Services.

Bayit (Jewish Student Center)

The Bayit is the home of Jewish campus life. Located just outside the North Gate of the campus, the Bayit hosts much of the Vassar Jewish Union’s programming, including weekly Shabbat services and bagel brunches, social and educational programs, and the weekly VJU board meetings. The Bayit has a kosher kitchen, comfortable lounges, student office space, a backyard with picnic tables, and an office for the advisor to Jewish students.

 

Address for GPS

51 Collegeview Ave, Poughkeepsie, NY 12603

Chapel

Built in 1904 in the Norman revival style, the Vassar Chapel is the largest assembly space on campus with seating for 1,400. As such, it is the venue for many traditional annual events, such as Convocation, and for visiting lecturers and performers who are likely to draw a large crowd. It is also home to the Office of Religious and Spiritual Life and the various student-led communities of faith on campus (Buddhist, Catholic, Ecumenical, Episcopal, Evangelical, Hindu, Islamic, Pagan, Quaker, Unitarian, and Wholistic).

 

Address for GPS

3 Chapel Rd, Poughkeepsie, NY 12604

College Center

The hub of campus life, the College Center is a modern addition to the rear wing of Main Building. The center houses the Office of Campus Activities; the College Information Center; the James W. Palmer III ?90 Gallery; the post office; a computer store; the WVKR radio station; offices for student organizations; lounges and meeting rooms; 24-hour public-access computers; a snack bar; a coffee kiosk; and the campus pub.

Computer Center

Location: 10 Swift Passage

The Computer Center houses administrative offices of Computing and Information Services.

Metcalf House

Location: 5 Swift Passage

Built in 1915 as a residence for the college physician and a convalescent home for students, Metcalf House is now the home of the Counseling Service, the Health Education Office, and the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action.

Students' Building/ACDC

Built in 1913 to provide space for students’ extracurricular activities, Students' Building was renovated and expanded in 1970 to create a central campus dining facility, now known as the All Campus Dining Center (ACDC.) Until quite recently, the second floor was relegated to storage for defunct dishwashing equipment and the like. Now meticulously restored, the space (known as UpCDC) has been reassigned to its original use—social events and student activities.

 

Address for GPS

2 Kenyon Dr, Poughkeepsie, NY 12604

Back to Table of Contents

Outdoor Spaces

Frances Daly Fergusson Quadrangle

Because of its proximity to both the Vogelstein Center for Drama and Film and the Powerhouse Theater, the Frances Daly Fergusson Quadrangle is often the venue for outdoor theatrics and theater-related social events.

Outdoor Amphitheater

Created in 1915 as an outdoor theater space, the Outdoor Amphitheater is still occasionally used as a performance venue, but its most important use is once a year at Commencement, which draws as many as 4,000 visitors to campus. It takes the grounds crew three days to set up the chairs, which are specially constructed for the slope.

Residential Quad

The residential quad is a wide, grassy expanse defined by the four Elizabethan-style residence halls to the east and west and Jewett House with its nine-story tower to the north.  The first of the quad houses, Strong, was completed in 1893, followed by Raymond, Lathrop, and Davison over the next decade, and Jewett in 1907.

Shakespeare Garden

Vassar's Shakespeare Garden, the second oldest in the U.S., was created by students, professors, and alumnae in 1916. Originally the garden contained only plants mentioned in Shakespeare's works. Today, the garden also includes plants that were grown in England in the 17th century.

Back to Table of Contents

Athletics

Athletics and Fitness Center

Location: 34 Sunset Lake Dr

The Athletics and Fitness Center is a 53,000-square-foot facility that includes a 1,200-seat basketball gym, an elevated running track, and a 5,000-square-foot weight training/cardiovascular facility.

Ballantine Field

Golf Course & Shop

Vassar Golf Course is a nine hole public golf course. Established in 1930, the course offers a scenic 2,500-yard layout with beautiful mature trees, character and charm. All players are welcome on a first come, first served basis. Vassar’s is a very enjoyable walking course; however, golf carts are available. An average round of golf requires only two hours. Vassar welcomes golfers of all levels, including juniors, seniors, and families.

More info

Josselyn Tennis Courts

The tennis team practices and plays on 13 hard courts located within the campus boundaries. Vassar hosts several major collegiate tennis tournaments including those sponsored by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association, Upstate Collegiate Athletic Association, and ECAC. When not in use by the tennis teams, the Vassar community is free to enjoy the courts.

Kenyon Hall

Location: 27 Kenyon Dr

A state-of-the-art athletic facility when it was first built in 1933, Kenyon recently underwent an extensive interior renovation to create six “smart” classrooms and program space for dance and athletics. The Dance Department facilities include three dance studios, the Frances Daly Fergusson Dance Theater with a fully sprung dance stage and seating for 244, a rehearsal green room, and production facilities. Kenyon is also home to Vassar’s varsity squash and volleyball programs, with six international squash courts, a volleyball only gymnasium, a varsity weight room, and a rowing room.

Rugby Field

Vassar Farm is home to the Vassar rugby teams.

 

Address for GPS

72 Vassar Farm Ln, Poughkeepsie, NY 12604

Walker Field House

Location: 28 Sunset Lake Dr

Walker Field House, adjacent to the Athletics and Fitness Center, contains five tennis courts and accommodates a variety of sports including volleyball, basketball, fencing, and badminton. The building also houses a six-lane swimming pool with a four-foot moveable bulkhead and diving well, locker rooms, and a sports medicine facility.

Back to Table of Contents

Prentiss Field Sports Complex

Gordon Field

Gordon Field is the competition field for soccer and lacrosse, featuring a scoreboard, bleachers, and press boxes.


Address for GPS

18 Brewers Ln, Poughkeepsie, NY 12604

Lighted 8-lane Track

The state-of-the-art sandwich synthetic polyurethane track and field facility allows all of Vassar's teams a place for conditioning workouts, but it particularly benefits the newly-formed varsity outdoor track program, begun in 2007. Set up to allow top quality training and competition, the facility is built to accommodate all track and field events, including long jump, javelin, steeplechase, pole vault, and hammer/discus throw.

Prentiss Baseball Field

The pristine baseball field, completed in 2008, includes dugouts, scoreboard, and press box.

 

Address for GPS

26 Brewers Ln, Poughkeepsie, NY 12604

Prentiss Field Sports Complex

The Prentiss Field Sports Complex includes a lighted eight-lane, quarter-mile track and PureGrass turf field with finely groomed competition and practice grass fields for soccer, lacrosse, and field hockey as well as a pristine baseball diamond with dugouts. Each field has bleachers, scoreboards, and press boxes. The J.L. Weinberg Field Sports Pavilion, located adjacent to the practice and playing fields, includes locker rooms, a laundry room, and an athletic training facility.

 

Address for GPS

34 Brewers Ln, Poughkeepsie, NY 12604

Shot Put Area
Soccer and Lacrosse Fields
Weinberg Field Sports Pavilion

The J. L. Weinberg Field Sports Pavilion, which opened in March of 2003, is named for John L. Weinberg, the husband of major donor Sue Gotshal Weinberg ('51), who served on the Vassar Board of Trustees. The pavilion is located adjacent to the soccer, field hockey, baseball, and lacrosse fields and includes locker rooms, a laundry room, and an athletic training facility.

Weinberg Turf Field

The Weinberg Turf Field gives the field hockey team the opportunity to play on the surface intended for the sport, while also offering soccer and lacrosse an alternative surface in the case of inclement weather or to prepare for an away turf event. It is surrounded by an eight-lane lighted track and features bleachers and a press box.

 

Address for GPS

18 Brewers Ln, Poughkeepsie, NY 12604

Back to Table of Contents

Vassar Farm & Ecological Preserve

Community Gardens

Ecological Preserve Boundary

Poughkeepsie Farm Project

Back to Table of Contents

Buildings

Collins Field Station

Location: 328 Vassar Farm Ln

Located at the Vassar Farm and Ecological Preserve, the Priscilla Bullitt Collins Field Station is used to study natural history, ecology, botany, environmental education, and earth science. The Department of Education offers a program in science and environmental education at the field station, called ?Exploring Science at Vassar Farm,? for local elementary school students.

Poughkeepsie Farm Project Office

Back to Table of Contents

Trails

Difficult
Drumlin Trail, 0.55 miles
Helen Johnson Woodworth Memorial Trail, 1.30 mi
Quercus Trail, 0.88 mi

Back to Table of Contents

Parking

North Lot Parking

North Lot is the main parking lot for large campus events and employee parking. For commencement this lot is closed; parking for commencement is in South Lot or on the Vassar Farm.

South Lot Parking

Student and employee parking.

Back to Table of Contents

More...

Art at Vassar Venues

Frances Daly Fergusson Dance Theater

The Frances Daly Fergusson Dance Theater is the first space dedicated solely to dance performance on the Vassar campus. Named for Vassar's ninth president, the dance theater is 5,700 square feet and includes a fully sprung dance stage measuring 36' x 36' with surrounding wing space, raked seating for 244 people, professional quality lighting, sound and theater control systems, and complete and quiet air conditioning.

Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center

Location: 20 Main Campus Dr

The Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center (FLLAC) houses one of the oldest college art collections in the country. The collection contains more than 19,000 paintings, sculptures, prints, drawings, and photographs spanning the history of art from ancient Egypt to contemporary America. It is particularly noted for its collection of 19th- and 20th-century European and American art, Greek and Roman sculpture and ceramics, Old Master prints, 19th-century British watercolors and drawings, and photographs. In addition to the main gallery, the Lehman Loeb Art Center also includes a sculpture garden, a project gallery, and a seminar room where members of the campus community can request particular works to be brought for close examination.

Main Building

Location: 100 Main Campus Dr


When Vassar first opened its doors in 1865, everything was in Main Building—living quarters for students, faculty, and administrators, the dining hall, the library, the art museum, classrooms, and offices. Now a National Historic Landmark, Main houses administrative offices on the first two floors and students on the third and fourth. At the back of Main is a modern addition, the College Center, housing the Office of Campus Activities, College Information Center, James W. Palmer III ‘90 Gallery, post office, computer store, student-run WVKR radio station, student government offices, lounges and meeting rooms, 24-hour public-access computers, a dining hall called the Retreat, the Kiosk coffee bar, and the campus pub, Matthew's Mug.

Sanders Classroom

Location: 8 Sunset Lake Dr

Sanders Classroom is home to the departments of English, Greek and Roman Studies, and Chinese and Japanese and to the Asian Studies Program. Sanders includes seminar rooms for discussion-based teaching, lecture rooms, a 158-seat auditorium, and a computer classroom for the study of digital media.

Skinner Hall of Music

Location: 5 Skinner Ln

One of Vassar's most beautiful buildings, with spires and turrets and leaded windows, the Belle Skinner Hall of Music houses the Mary Anna Fox Martel Recital Hall, a small chamber concert hall, one of the nation?s finest college music libraries, the electronic music studio, practice rooms and faculty studios, and the college?s extensive historic and modern instrument collections, including 65 Steinway pianos, six harpsichords, and seven pipe organs, among them an organ designed for the Martel Recital Hall by master organ builder Paul Fritts of Tacoma, Washington.

Taylor Hall

Location: 10 Main Campus Dr

Built in 1915, Taylor Hall serves as the gateway to the college and as the home to the Art Department. Located between the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center and the Art Library, the Art Department offers direct access to Vassar’s extraordinary collections as well as courses covering the full range of art worldwide in lecture halls and seminar rooms equipped with state-of-the-art projection systems.

Thompson (Main) Library

Location: 15 Main Campus Dr

The libraries at Vassar are extraordinary and rank among the very best liberal arts collections in the United States both in the number of titles (over 1,000,000 print volumes) and in their exceptional variety and depth.  The main library comprises the Frederick Ferris Thompson Memorial Library, considered one of the most beautiful collegiate gothic buildings in the country, and two modern additions, the Helen D. Lockwood Library and the Martha Rivers and E. Bronson Ingram Library.  The Ingram Library, the most recent addition, houses the Catherine Pelton Durrell Archives and Special Collections and the Francis Fitz Randolph Rare Book Room. During the construction of the Ingram Library, the Thompson Library underwent extensive renovation. The combined result is a resource that effectively merges traditional materials with newer technologies, giving students extraordinary access to a broad range of print materials (books, journals, manuscripts, rare books, and archives) and electronic resources (electronic journals, indexes, full-text indexes, databases, web-based resources, CD ROMs, videos, and laser discs).

Vogelstein Center for Drama and Film

Location; 5 Sunset Lake Dr

The Drama Department is headquartered in the Vogelstein Center for Drama and Film, which houses a 325-seat theater with a traditional proscenium stage, a small black box studio, and two screening rooms, as well as production spaces and classrooms equipped with advanced technology. Also headquartered in the Vogelstein, the Film Department has a 70-seat screening room with surround sound and multiple-format projection capabilities; a sound-proof studio equipped with lighting grid and green screen; and high tech classrooms/editing labs devoted to film editing, digital editing, Avid systems, and multimedia.

Back to Table of Contents

Hotels & Places to Stay

Poughkeepsie (5-15 mins from Vassar)
Alumnae House at Vassar College
Alumnae House at Vassar College

161 Raymond Ave., Poughkeepsie, NY 12604
845.437.7100

Alumnae House is a guest house located in the historic Hudson Valley across the street from Vassar College. The building serves as headquarters for the Office of Alumnae/i Affairs and Development, and Alumnae & Alumni of Vassar College, in addition to providing overnight accommodations to members of the Vassar College community, including prospective students. Alumnae House is a gracious venue for weddings and other catered events. Catering space may be reserved by the general public. Please contact the Alumnae House Manager for more information.

Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites at the Falls
Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites at the Falls

50 Red Oaks Mill Rd., Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
845.462.5770

 

Courtyard by Marriott
Courtyard by Marriott

2641 South Rd., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
845.485.6336

 

Days Inn
Days Inn

536 Haight Ave., Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
845.454.1010

 

Hampton Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites

2361 South Rd., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
845.463.7500

 

Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express

2750 South Rd., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
845.473.1151

 

Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel
Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel

40 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
845.485.5300

 

Residence Inn by Marriott
Residence Inn by Marriott

2525 South Rd., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
845.463.4343

 

Back to Table of Contents

Hyde Park (20 minutes north of Vassa
Journey Inn (B&B)

Journey Inn (B&B)

1 Sherwood Pl., Hyde Park, NY 12538
845.229.8972

Quality Inn of Hyde Park
Quality Inn of Hyde Park

4142 Albany Post Rd., Hyde Park, NY 12538
845.229.0088

 

Roosevelt Inn
Roosevelt Inn

4360 Albany Post Rd., Hyde Park, NY 12538
845.229.2443

 

Back to Table of Contents

Fishkill (30 minutes south of Vassar
Courtyard by Marriott
Courtyard by Marriott

17 Westage Dr., Fishkill, NY 12524
845.897.2400

 

Hampton Inn Fishkill
Hampton Inn Fishkill

544 Route 9, Fishkill, NY 12524
845.896.4000

 

Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn

21 Westgate Drive, Fishkill, NY 12524
845.896.7100

 

Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express

21 Schuyler Blvd., Fishkill, NY 12524
845.896.4001

 

Homestead Studio Suites Hotel
Homestead Studio Suites Hotel

25 Merritt Blvd., Fishkill, NY 12524
845.897.2800

 

Ramada Inn Fishkill
Ramada Inn Fishkill

542 Route 9, Fishkill, NY 12524
845.896.6281

 

Back to Table of Contents

Rhinebeck (35 mins north of Vassar)
Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn
Beekman Arms (the oldest operating Inn in America) and Delamater Inn

6387 Mill St., Rhinebeck, NY 12572
845.876.7077

 

Rhinebeck Village Inn
Rhinebeck Village Inn

6860 Route 9, Rhinebeck, NY 12572
845.876.7000

 

Back to Table of Contents

VCard Merchants

All Shook Up!

(845) 485-1955

 

http://allshookupcafe.squarespace.com/

Baby Cakes

(845) 485-8411

 

http://www.babycakescafe.com/

BurgerFI

(845) 473-7200

 

http://burgerfi.com/locations.php?zip=12603

Crafted Kup

(845) 483-7070

Fresco Tortillas

(845) 485-6648

Hurricane Grill & Wings

(845) 206-9641

 

http://www.hurricanewings.com/

Intro by Twisted Soul

(845) 705-5381

 

http://www.twistedsoulconcepts.com/

Julie's Restaurant

(845) 452-6078

Kismat Indian Restaurant

(845) 473-5850

 

http://www.kismatindian.com/

Ku Yah Restaurant

(845) 425-8906

 

http://kuyahrestaurant.com/

Luxe Salon & Spa

(845) 473-2880

Marco's Pizzeria

(845) 473-1682

My Market II

(845) 452-7030

Perkins Family Restaurant

(845) 296-1575

 

http://www.perkinsrestaurants.com/

Pizzaria Bacio

(845) 486-8080

 

http://pizzeriabacio.com/

Poughkeepsie Pharmacy

(845) 473-3784

Saigon Cafe

(845) 473-1392

 

http://www.saigoncafe.net/

Thai Spice

(845) 486-8888

 

http://thaispiceny.com/

The Barber Shop

(845) 471-1114

Twisted Soul

(845) 452-2770

 

http://www.twistedsoulconcepts.com/

Back to Table of Contents